Did you know @CoastHotelsUSA is hosting a contest? Simply explore, snap, & submit your photo when visiting using #noplacelikecoast for a chance to win a $100 gift card! Valid now through April 30, 2018. https://t.co/RFgkkdr9Iy #photocontest #contestalert #anchorage https://t.co/OuRS1pk9A1
#CoastHotelsUSA is hosting a contest! Simply take photos while visiting & enter by using #noplacelikecoast for a chance to win a $100 gift card! Valid now through 4/30/18. https://t.co/rwmXESIotq #contestalert #entertowin #visitkauai https://t.co/9xMkkGoqQa
Thank you for submitting
1. A minimum resolution of 300 PPI (pixels per inch) and minimum size of 11.2083 inches x 9.0208 inches; or
2. A minimum dimension of 2707 pixels x 3363 pixels. Jpeg file must not exceed 30 MB.
Some hotel brands create cookie-cutter facilities that make you forget which city you’re in. That’s not us. We embrace the wonderful, unique personalities of each of our properties and locations throughout Canada and the U.S. Friendly service and triple-sheeted beds await you, plus amenities that come standard at all Coast Hotels including free in-room high-speed WiFi and access to thousands of news sites and magazines with our digital PressReader service. Every one of our hotels is special—and why would we want to change that? What every one of them has in common is an exceptional value, full-service experience and a refreshingly local approach.
get even more with Coast Rewards
We want you to come back again and again. So we start with a great experience and sweeten the deal with our exceptional Coast Rewards program. Earn points on every stay when you book direct, and redeem for free nights, room upgrades and more. Plus you’ll save with Member Only Rates and enjoy exclusive special offers.
Visit Coast Hotels Website →
#NOPLACELIKECOAST PHOTO CONTEST 2018
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online Promotion ("Promotion"). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility. the #noplacelikecoast photo contest ( "promotion") is offered online at ( http://noplacelikecoastcontest.hscampaigns.com ). the promotion is open to all Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) and us residents of the 50 United States (and district of Columbia), who, at the time of participation, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province, territory, or state in which they reside. if you do not meet any of these requirements, or any other eligibility requirements in these official rules, you are not eligible to win a prize, and coast hotels limited ("Sponsor") reserves the right not to award prizes to you. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Employees of the Sponsor, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees /officers/ directors are not eligible to enter to win any prize. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and municipal laws and regulations. All requested information and material must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries will not be returned to entrants. Promotion void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period. The contest shall run monthly from April, 2018 through December, 2018. Each Monthly Contest begins at 9:30 a.m. PST on the third day of each month and runs until the last calendar date of each respective month until 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Promotion Period”). For greater certainty the first monthly contest shall begin on Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. PST and runs until April 30th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Each month contestants are invited to Instagram or Tweet or upload their favourite travel photo(s) from Coast Hotels destinations in Canada and the United States. Photos can be about, but not strictly limited to, the Contest Theme of the Month, but must depict a place that Coast Hotels is located in. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion.
2.1. Each monthly contest Judging Period will take up to 10 business days from the close of each month’s Promotion Period. Winners will be determined by a select panel of judges at Coast Hotels sole discretion.
3. How to Enter. There are several ways to enter the Promotion (each, a “Contest Entry”), namely online at (http://noplacelikecoastcontest.hscampaigns.com), or Instagram® or Twitter®. No other method of entry will be accepted. You must have or open a valid Instagram or Twitter account that is set to public if choosing to enter through those mechanisms. Online access is required in order to participate. Many public libraries, retail businesses and other establishments allow patrons to access the Internet for free. Eligible Participants are allowed to enter the Contest through each individual entry mechanism a maximum of 10 times per month. All Instagram and Twitter entries must include the designated hashtag #noplacelikecoast.
To enter via Instagram, you must: (1) have one valid, public (i.e. not “protected”) Instagram account and (2) during the applicable entry period, post a full-colour, original, unpublished, travel-themed photograph that (a) contains the hashtag #noplacelikecoast, and (b) showcases a Coast Hotels destinations in Canada or the United States. You may describe the subject matter or theme of this photograph, where & when it was taken, what it depicts and who is featured in it (if applicable) in your description of 250 words or less, but it is not required.
To enter via Twitter, you must: (1) have one valid, public (i.e. not “protected”) Twitter account and (2) during the applicable entry period, publish a tweet that (a) contains the hashtag #noplacelikecoast, and (b) includes a full-colour, original, unpublished, travel-themed photo of Coast Hotels destinations in Canada and U.S. You may describe the subject matter or theme of this photograph, where & when it was taken, what it depicts and who is featured in it (if applicable) in your description of 280 characters or less, but it’s not required.
#noplacelikecoast Contest Website
To enter via the Promotion website, go online at ( http://noplacelikecoastcontest.hscampaigns.com ) to manually submit a full-colour, original, and previously unpublished, travel-themed photograph taken in a Coast Hotels destinations in Canada or the United States. You may describe the subject matter or theme of this photograph, where & when it was taken, what it depicts and who is featured in it (if applicable) in your description of 250 words or less, but it’s not required.
3.1. Entry Requirements. Participants may submit up to 10 photos (maximum) online in a given month via Contest website, Instagram or Twitter. Limit 10 contest entries, per person, per month. Although not mandatory, a supporting title, caption or brief description of 250 words or less (describing the subject matter or theme of the photograph, where & when it was taken, what it depicts and who is featured in it) may be included in your photo submission(s). Digital photo requirements: participants must ensure that each entry is available in high-resolution, which is to say: (1) a minimum resolution of 300 PPI (pixels per inch) and minimum size of 11.2083 inches x 9.0208 inches; or (2) a minimum dimension of 2707 pixels x 3363 pixels. Jpeg file must not exceed 30 MB. Photos not meeting these requirements will result in an entry being invalid and forfeiture of any prize. Any content that is deemed fraudulent or offensive or violates the Official Rules will be removed, and the participant will be disqualified. Each photo entry must also comply with the Photo Entry Rules and Requirements set out. Submission(s) should not include copyright-protected material by third parties unless permission has been granted.
3.2. Photo Entry Rules. Your photo entry must:
a. be posted directly to Promotion Website ( http://noplacelikecoastcontest.hscampaigns.com ) or to your Instagram feed or Twitter feed and include the designated hashtag #noplacelikecoast;
b. be your original creation, and be a photograph taken solely by you. Reproducing, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's pre-existing work does not qualify as your original creation;
c. not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your photo entry must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's, entity's or organization's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights;
d. not be explicit or offensive, as determined by Coast Hotels, in its sole and absolute discretion;
e. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
f. not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
g. not violate any law or regulation;
h. not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
i. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
j. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
4. Judging Criteria. Judging consists of one (1) round of evaluation. One winning photo will be selected among all entries received for each Monthly Contest by an internal panel of judges. A judging panel of up to six (6) staff members or representatives of Contest Sponsor (collectively, the “Judges”) will judge all eligible Contest Entries received during the Contest Period. Judging will be based on the following criteria (the “Criteria”):
Uniqueness / creativity
Quality of submission
Contest entry showcases Coast Hotels destinations in Canada or the United States
Relevance to Contest theme and values
Description or snappy caption (optional)
Inclusion of the hashtag #noplacelikecoast on social entries
Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all the rules are subject to disqualification.
5. Winner Selection. The Eligible Participant who submitted each such potential winning submission will be deemed the winner of the Monthly Prize. The decisions of the Judges shall be final and binding (and without appeal) and may not be challenged in any way. In the event of a tie for any potential winning submission, the criteria for relevance to the respective Monthly Contest theme will be used as a tiebreaker to determine the winning submission.
5.1. Prize. One (1) Prize Offer. One winner will receive the following prize for each Monthly Contest:
If your photo is selected by our panel of Coast Hotels judges and your entry is deemed to meet all criteria and eligibility requirements, you will win a $100 Coast Hotels Gift Card. One $100 promotional Coast Hotels Gift Card that can be used towards your stay at any Coast Hotels property. Prize will be awarded in either Canadian or US currency based upon the primary domicile address of the winner. Gift Cards will expire on one year from date of issued.
5.2. Conditions of Trip. Winner will be able to use value of Prize towards a stay at any Coast Hotels property. Dates of travel are subject to availability. Winner’s guest must be at least at or over the age of majority in the Province or Territory or State in which he/she resides prior to the date of the Trip unless winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest. Except as otherwise expressly stated in the prize description above, winner is responsible for travel to and from the chosen hotel, and any incidentals. All other expenses that winner and winner's guest incur in connection with the Trip, including, but not limited to, all applicable passport, visa, and entry/exit fees and for all documentation required for winner and winner’s guest to travel on the Trip, including passports, necessary visas and driver’s licenses.
6. Winner Verification. In order to be declared a winner and be able to claim a Prize, the Eligible Participant selected by the Judges will be contacted by direct message via email, Instagram or Twitter by the Contest Sponsor or Contest Administration, shortly following the draw and must confirm acceptance as a selected Eligible Participant within three (3) business days of contact. If the selected Eligible Participant cannot be contacted, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be determined by the judges. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. Before being declared a winner, each selected Eligible Participant will be required to answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question and sign a Affidavit & Release form as a condition to and prior to receiving the prize, without limitation, that:
He/she complies with the eligibility requirements;
He/she has read the Contest rules and regulations and complies completely;
He/she accepts the Prize as awarded;
He/she acknowledges the Contest Sponsor’s right to publish his/her picture, name and city of residence without compensation other than the Prize offered;
He/she successfully answers a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question; and
He/she releases and agrees to hold harmless of all liability the Contest Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates, media partners, advertising, promotional agencies and each of the foregoing entities’ directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents.
Coast Hotels will announce winners on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
7. License to Submissions. By entering the Promotion and submitting your Statement, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Photo, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Promotion and for entertainment, advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and to incorporate your Photo, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or hereafter discovered. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Photo you submit or to return any such Photo entries to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights under this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation or payment other than the prize awarded for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Photo and/ or name. The contents of all entries submitted become property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Eligible Participants waive all rights with respect to printed, broadcast, online and other forms of publicity. By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of the judging organization, which shall be final on all matters relating to this Contest.
7.1. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, promotional, and Promotion-related purposes without further permission or compensation, including without limitation in the publicly-disclosed Promotion winner list. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, promotional, and Promotion-related purposes without further permission or compensation.
8. Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights in and to the Photo submitted by you (including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property rights); and (b) the Photo is an original work of authorship on your part and has not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and does not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
9. General Conditions. All entries submitted, and all information provided, by Eligible Participants must be complete and accurate. Coast Hotels Limited, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Coast Hotels or by unauthorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Entries will be declared made by the user at the time of entry.
All entries are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor and may be disqualified if they are received outside of the Contest Period, are incomplete, illegible, irregular, photocopied or otherwise reproduced, submitted through illicit means or if they contain any false statements, or do not conform to or satisfy to any condition of these Contest rules and regulations.
10. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING PROVIDED FOR THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING ANY EQUIPMENT, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winner and winner’s guest will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
13. Intellectual Property Notice. COAST HOTELS is a trademark of Coast Hotels Limited. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2018 by Coast Hotels Limited. All rights reserved.
14. Governing Law; Arbitration. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES INDIVIDUALLY AND PREVENTS YOU FROM SUING IN COURT OR HAVING A JURY TRIAL. Subject as set out below, any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or related to the Promotion or these Official Rules and the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof, including the determination of the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, neither you nor Sponsor is required to arbitrate any dispute in which either party seeks equitable or other relief for the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets, or patents. The Supreme Court of British Columbia, Vancouver Registry, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit not subject to arbitration. You and Sponsor will (a) notify each other of any dispute within 30 days of when it arises and (b) attempt informal resolution prior to any demand for arbitration. Arbitration will be administered by the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre (“BCICAC”) (or its successor) pursuant to its Domestic Commercial Arbitration Shorter Rules of Procedure, and conducted by a single arbitrator in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, unless the arbitrator determines differently. The appointing authority will be the BCICAC. Except as expressly provided herein, the arbitrator has the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in Court. The Promotion and these Official Rules, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. Whether the dispute is heard in arbitration or in Court, you and Sponsor will not commence against the other a class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
15. Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect.
16. Sponsor: Coast Hotels Limited, 700-535 Thurlow Street, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6E 3L2.